Sunday, November 04, 2007

First Flavour of Apple

First impressions of the MacBook I recently acquired via a project are very positive.

Little but important things impress. It starts up in under 15 seconds and shuts down in about 6 seconds. All the Windows machines I use take ages to do either. Batter life is very good compared to the Windows XP and Vista laptops I’ve used. Lightweight and looks good but will I have to use a special cleaner to keep it that wistful white?

Absolutely love some of the pre-loaded software but haven’t yet harnessed it in a productive sense. Really need to spend a day just playing with the software and the MacBook/Tiger OS in general. Given I’m going to be carrying this laptop around a lot (for the project work) can I set a password on the machine? Can I easily encrypt or password protect folders or files on it if I cannot set a password? Love the wi-fi on it. Very good at picking up networks and quick to access those that are open. Again might not just be down to Windows but the Wintel laptops I use versus this recent MacBook. So very promising initial experiences but not perfect…

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home