Friday, March 16, 2007

NTU-Tube Anyone?

Just booked my placed at the Annual Learning and Teaching Conference.

NTU ALT-C

Looks like a couple of good sessions though I've missed out on some of the more popular ones. I had thought about doing a presentation this year but at the time the notification came around I was just so busy that I didn't want to commit myself to yet another thing. As it happens I would have been able to put some together.

What? Well I would have done a short presentation on using services like YouTube to communicate with students whether they're attending NTU full-time, out on placement or full distance learners. Here's an example of the sort of thing I've been doing with one of my modules. I use a blog and embed video clips hosted by YouTube into it.

The Internet, Computers & Society

Some clips are ones I've found elsewhere and linked to (so no copyright worries - don't even mention proscribing deep linking to me!) and others are ones I've created. Some of the current ones are short clips produced in a range of styles. I then demonstrated these to the students and used SurveyMonkey to collect feedback on their preferences. All part of my normal reflective practitioner good practice and in this particular instance it will make a contribution to my PGCHE course.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home